News
Loading...

The List

I hate paragraphs explaining things at the top of every...single...column, which is why this will be the only time I do it. Over the years, I've been looking for a daily piece for the sites that I've written for. When I was at IBI, I wanted a daily Indians piece that focused on something big that happened in the game. Not a game story mind you, but a focused piece on something that's worth talking about in a columnist sort of way.

Out of that came 'Second Thoughts,' and it never really became the vision that I had for it. This isn't a knock on the piece, just that I couldn't quite figure out the direction.

Since EHC has started, almost two years ago to the day now, I've been searching for that piece, and I think I've found it.

It's going to be called simply, The List.

I know, sounds amazing...original...thought provoking, right?

Okay, I get it, it's just a list, but I'm going to work really hard to make it a list that you'll want to check out every day for originality, some fun, and a nice light read while your drinking your coffee.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:
  1. I have no idea what this is going to end up looking like, even a few weeks from now. If you noticed, I've written two pieces over the past four days that have a list attached. So that's the origin. Where it goes, nobody knows.

  2. While I'll start writing it, I want the rest of the EHC writers to join in when they want.

  3. The List will be Cleveland-sports-centric for the most part, but if something else jumps in, awesome.

  4. There's no limit to The List, and certainly, no fixed number. If the list stops at #1, then it stops at #1. Hell, I'm not even sure if it'll be numbered every day.

  5. It may not be every day. I hate the feeling of HAVING to do something. I know the sporadic nature of EHC over the past couple of years has been frustrating for the folks that read fairly consistently. I get that. One of the first rules of a blog, or a podcast, is to be consistent. The goal is to write every day, but we're a FREE and INDEPENDENT website. That's life. I'm not going to force deadlines on myself, or anyone that writes for the site, unless they ask for them. I want the BEST from the writers that choose to be here, not something forced upon them.

  6. While The List sounds horrifically unoriginal, it won't be. We'll make sure of that.

  7. I'm not sure if 'The List' will even be in the title.
So pay attention...we should have some daily content...well...mostly daily...or...whatever this turns out to be.



Share on Google Plus

About pojo

Under Construction
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment