News
Loading...

The All-Time Cleveland Indians

With the New Year upon us, it's time for Everybody Hates Cleveland to tackle the All-Time Cleveland Indians. In 2010 for Bringing Back Boudreau, and again in 2012 for Indians Prospect Insider, I wrote an extensive series on the greatest Indians of All-Time.

It was roughly written.

It was long.

It was an amazingly rewarding experience.

Now, five years later, it's time to revisit those lists, rearranging the players if needed, and adding any players that have made an impact since I last tackled the topic, or that I may have just missed. I spent weeks researching each position, and I did what I could to be as thorough as I could. Yet, these lists aren't perfect, which is exactly how I like them. There are several of these lists, at each Indians' site, and they all have the validity of the writer, or series of writers, that was behind each one.

New players, such as Carlos Santana, Jason Kipnis, Michael Brantley and Corey Kluber may find their way into the topic of conversation, and it should be fun trying to figure out where they rank with Bob Feller, Lou Boudreau, Tris Speaker and or course, the great Duane Kuiper.

Don't judge.

In the theme of the EHC, there really aren't any rules to the ultimate position that a player is given credit for, and if I think a player deserves to be on two lists, I'll put them there. Let me put it to you this way: they need to have a substantive amount of time at a certain position to get some credit there, and that's about the extent of it. I won't include everyone, but I will include the players that make me notice. I'm also a firm believer in creating a fluid list. I often hear takes that make me rethink the value of a player, and if I'm to be honest, there's a "like" factor that everyone brings into the equation as well. You'll see this play out in the coming weeks, months and years. We'll update these...a lot.

In the end, EHC will have some fun with these lists. We'll pod about them, write about them, and ultimately, create an All-Time Indians' list that includes all the players you'll see listed on each of these lists. Like I said, they'll be fluid, fun, and conversational. Lists are made to be talked about, so feel free to talk. That's what makes this fun.

To make this as interactive as possible, I'll also include the polls that I created with each list that will allow the readers of EHC (and anyone else) to take part as well. It's these polls, and the comments that come with them, that keep this list as much yours, as it will be ours, and make the staff here at EHC rethink the position on players for future renditions. We all have our favorites, and I want to hear yours.

The polls will start today, with the All-Time Greatest catchers.
Share on Google Plus

About pojo

Under Construction
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment